Instant Pot Pork Chops come together in just one pot with so much flavor. The leftover liquid makes the perfect easy gravy to serve with the chops. It’s like two easy recipes in one!
Instant Pot Pork Chops are the perfect weeknight dinner. It involves very little hands on cooking. Even better, it’s a one-pot dinner and the leftover pork chops are the best to have for the rest of the week.
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops
It is so simple to make flavorful pork chops in the Instant Pot. You will absolutely love the easy mushroom gravy that doesn’t require any extra pots or pans! See the simple steps to make Instant Pot Pork Chops below:
- Brown the Pork Chops – Use the sauté function of your Instant Pot to brown the pork chops then brown the onions and mushrooms as well. Add some of the beef broth and scrape the yummy browned bits off the bottom.
- Cook the Pork Chops – Add the chops back to the Instant Pot and season with the spices. Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes (let it sit) then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Make the Mushroom Gravy – Remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot and turn it to sauté mode. In a small bowl mix up the remaining beef broth and cornstarch and add to the pot. Stir until the mixture thickens into a gravy.
- Serve – Serve the pork chops with the gravy and sprinkle with fresh herbs. See our favorite side dishes below!
How to Make Frozen Instant Pot Pork Chops
The beauty of the Instant Pot is that you can cook meat from frozen without thawing! You can easily use frozen pork chops in this recipe.
For this recipe, skip the step of browning the pork chops, but still brown the onions and mushrooms. Add the frozen pork chops to the pot and cook on manual high pressure for an additional 5 to 8 minutes (20 to 23 minutes total). Follow the same steps to natural release before quick releasing the pressure and make the gravy the same way.
How Long To Cook Pork Chops In Instant Pot
The cook time will depend on the cut of pork chop you are using and their thickness.
- Boneless Loin Chops – these are a leaner cut of pork chops and cook faster since they are boneless. They usually take about 8 minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Bone-in Chops – these are my favorite cut of pork chops as they have the most flavor. They usually take about 15 minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Chop Steaks – usually they are 1 inch in thickness and take about 10 minutes in the Instant Pot.
If your Instant Pot Pork Chops are tough, then they were likely overcooked. It’s important to keep in mind that thinner pork chops will cook much faster, so you will need to adjust the cook time accordingly.
When cooking pork in your Instant Pot, you typically need 1 cup of water or other liquid, such as broth. Liquid is essential in the Instant Pot for it to come to pressure. If you don’t add enough liquid, you can get the ‘Burn’ error on your display.
You can overcook pork in a pressure cooker. Especially if it’s a leaner cut of meat. Fattier cuts of pork, such as a pork shoulder, are much more forgiving in terms of longer cook times.
Serving Pork Chops
Pork chops are so versatile and pair well with many different sides. For a hearty meal, we love serving them with these mashed potatoes. Our favorite veggies to serve with the pork chops are these oven roasted asparagus or these air fryer brussels sprouts.
More Pork Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Chops – only 15 minutes in the Air Fryer to make this easy dinner.
- Korean Air Fryer Pork Ribs – crispy ribs with a sticky and sweet sauce.
- Oven-Baked Pork Ribs – these ribs are so tender they practically fall off the bone.
- Cuban Pork Sandwich – the best marinade takes the pork over the top!
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat the Instant Pot on the sauté mode. Add the oil and brown the pork chops on both sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions and sauté them until they are golden brown. Add in the mushrooms and continue sautéing until they become golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of the beef broth and scrape the bits off the bottom of the pot. Add the pork chops back to the Instant Pot. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the lid, set to sealing, and cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of beef broth with the cornstarch. Remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode, add the broth mixture to the pot, and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Serve the pork chops with the mushroom gravy and garnish with fresh herbs.