The best Cuban Pork Sandwich you will try!
If you were to come visit Seattle or if you happen to live in the area, you must try the #1 sandwich shop in the state, called Paseo. I found it on Yelp and later discovered that the TLC (TV network) has named it as a second best sandwich in America. The restaurant has no name on the outside and hides behind trees; all you see is a huge line of people. It took me 30 minutes of wait just to place an order. If you plan on driving by the Seattle area and don’t stop to try their sandwich, you are missing out, it’s very worth it.
For those of you that don’t care to stand in line or drive out for a sandwich, I found a solution for you. It took a few tries, but I’m happy to say that this sandwich is as close as it could get to the one from Paseo. This sandwich is a little messy, because of all the pork marinate juices, but isn’t that what sandwiches are about?
Other Sandwiches to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 lb pork
Cuban Meat Marinade
- 2 baguette
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup pepperoncinis
- 8 sli swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 3 pressed garlic cloves
- Place the pork in a large bowl with orange juice, lime juice, garlic, onion, and parsley. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Allow the meat to marinate for 12-24 hours (the longer it marinates, the better).
- Remove the chunks of onion and garlic from the marinade. Place the pork in a dutch oven alongside the liquid marinade. Bake at 250°F for 3 hours with the lid on. Alternatively, use a slow cooker and cook the meat on high for 5 hours. Once cooked, pull the pork off the bone and shred it. Leave it to rest in its juices.
- Cut the onion into 2-inch long slices. Sauté it in a skillet over medium heat with a little olive oil until golden brown.
- To make the garlic spread, combine the mayo, parsley, and pressed garlic. Slice the baguette lengthwise. Spread the sauce on the top side of the bread, followed by the swiss cheese. Top the other half of the bread with pepperoncinis, followed by pork, a couple spoonfuls of the pork juice, and sautéed onions.
- Assemble the sandwich. Slice and enjoy!