I am in love with lentils and peas, they are great source of protein. My new rule is to try and eat protein foods in every meal. The inspiration for pork chops in the soup came from “The Chew” and “Food Network” magazine. I combines 2 recipes together with some of my favorite ingredients.
I am not fan of pork meat…but chops in this soup is wonderful. Once its brow it brings some much flavor in the soup.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 qt Water
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Pork Chops
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 3 tbsp Dill chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Onions chopped
- 2 medium Carrots grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Dried Yellow Lentils
- 1 cup Dry Green Peas
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chops, cook until every side is golden brown. Add onion, carrots and salt, pepper.
- Turn heat to low. Add hot water, lentils and peas, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Add dill and green onions in the end. Serve hot.