Chebyreki is a common Russian pastry that is filled with savory filling, usually ground meat. You can find Chebureki at any of the street markets in Russia.
The dough, for Chebureki Recipe, is made with yeast and rolled out very thin. Optionally, you can use the uncooked tortillas, as they make a very similar texture to the original dough.
I love this dish because of the simplicity, and it’s quick and easy ability to use for lunch or dinner.
How to Freeze Chebureki:
After you put Chebureki together, cover them in a plastic wrap or place parchment paper between each one. Seal them in a ziplock bag. They can be frozen for several weeks. When ready to serve, thaw Chebureki in a fridge and cook according to instructions.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 6 Uncooked tortillas
- 1 lb Ground Meat
- 1/2 large Onion finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine meat together with egg, seasoning and an onion. Place a few table spoons of meat on one side of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla over to cover the filling.
- Pinch sides together with a fork; make sure it’s all tight and filling doesn't drip out.
- Preheat oil on a skillet to low/medium heat. Place filled tortillas. Cook until each side is golden brown.
- Remove from skillet; let it rest on paper towel.