These peach cookies may be found throughout many places in Europe. They are most commonly found in Italy, but you will also find them in other countries, often at Russian weddings or similar events.
Peach cookies seem to be the center of attention at a festive table, attracting so many eyes for their look and most definitely for their taste. Soft and crumbly cookie shell, filled with delicious dulce de leche and walnut filling.
With so many pictures and their wonderful look, it may seem that they are too complicated to make. But don’t fall for it!
Other Cookies to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 16 oz Dulce De Leche
- 1/2 cup roasted crushed Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Cookie Crumbs
- 2 cup Sugar
- 2 drop Pink Food Coloring
- 1 drop Green Food Coloring
- 2 cup Milk
- First, mix butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla. To the mixture, add flour together with baking powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Make small, round balls, the size of a small-ish walnut.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet, about an inch apart, and bake for about 15-20 minutes. They should still remain white.
- Cut out a small hole in the center of each cookie.
- Fill in each hole with filling. Press the two sides together.
- Pour a cup of milk into each of the two bowls. Color milk in each bowl, pink and peach, using food coloring. To create a peach color, combine an equal amount of pink and green colors.
- Dip each side of the cookie, into a different color, followed by sugar. Let the cookies dry overnight, on a baking sheet.
- Garnish with any small leaves you may have.