Raspberry Thumbprint Cookiesare made with nutty dough and loaded with a hint of tart raspberry flavor. They’re buttery, tender-crumbed, sweetened just right and perfect for Christmas baking.
Thumbprintsare one of the most classic Christmascookiesyou can bake during the holidays. Every bitejust crumbles and melts in your mouth. It’s a classic Christmas cookie that ishard to pass up.
Raspberry is my favorite flavor, but you’re welcome to substitute with other fruit flavors. You can even use a combinationof different flavors of jam. It’ll give you an amazing variety of cookies to serve.
How To Make The Thumbprint Cookies
- Combine softened butter with sugar. To the mixture add egg yolk and vanilla.
- To the ingredients add flour, salt, and chopped pecans.
- Form cookies by scooping out mounds of the cookie dough. Make a well in the middle of the cookie and fill it with raspberry jam.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for about 30 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
Other Christmas Cookies To Try
The following recipe has been contributed by Dina from Simply Home Cooked, you can get more inspiration from her recipes. Love how she incorporated raspberries in her recipe “Lemon Cupcakes With Raspberry Buttercream.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Whisk together the softened butter and sugar using a stand or hand mixer. Next, add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Lastly, mix in the flour, salt, and chopped toasted pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out equal-sized mounds of the cookie dough into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using your thumb or the back of a teaspoon, press into the center of each cookie.
- Fill a piping bag with raspberry jam and pipe the jam into the center of each cookie. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.