In Washington State, the abundance of apples is something else. Did you know that some companies ship Washington apples to China, to make juice and ship juice back to U.S.? Way off topic, but weird.
The cool thing about this pie, is that Flaky Pie Crust can be prepared in advance and it only takes minutes to assemble.
Other Pie Recipes:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 Pie Crust
- 4 large Apples (of your choice)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Wash apples, slice them in half and core them. Slice apples into thin slices, getting them as thin as you can, while preserving their shape.
- Sprinkle apples with sugar and cinnamon. Toss, to combine all ingredients evenly.
- Roll out apple pie to the size of your pie tart. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Place apple slices in concentric circles in a pan with the round edges facing out. You may not be able to use all apple slices, but pack them in the pan as tight as you possibly can, because they do shrink while baking. To make small flowers, take few pieces of the apple, twist them tightly, forming a flower.
- Sprinkle the pie with some sugar. It will create nice sweet crust. Bake pie at 400F for 35 minutes. Serve hot with some ice cream!