If you know me for a few years, you would know that I don’t like red sauces. I did buy it for kids, to use for pizzas, but in most cases, I still tried to use the Five Minute Alfredo Sauce. That was until our recent trip to Italy. Their sauce has made my taste buds dance and I wanted more and more of it. It was even more exciting to find out that making a tasty marinara sauce at home, can be done in as little as only a few minutes.
This sauce was so good, I wanted to dip everything into it, baguettes, pizza, shrimp, chicken… My spaghetti bowl had more sauce than pasta. Seriously, I cannot get enough of it.
If you have any leftovers, feel free to refrigerate them for up to a week, or freeze them in a well-sealed ziploc bag.
Serve Marinara Sauce With
Share Some Love ❤️
- 28 oz canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Light Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Marsala Wine
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves (optional)
- Prepare all ingredients, keep in mind that the main base for this sauce is canned tomatoes. Either get your favorite brand or try the one I have in the picture.
- Blend canned tomatoes into a pure-like texture. Dice fresh basil into small pieces.
- Preheat olive oil in a pot, press garlic into the oil. As soon as garlic is golden, add remaining ingredients into the pot.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, cook it for another 5 minutes.
- You can serve the sauce over spaghetti, pizza or just as a bread dipping. Trust me, you'll want to dip everything into this sauce.