Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are basically brownie in a cookie for in powdered sugar. They are soft and moist on the inside and the outside has such a nice crispy crunch on the outside, the best of both worlds.
Our boys love making those cookies with me. The cookies go in the oven fully covered in powdered sugar and when they come out, you see chocolate crinkles on the outside. For any kid, that would be like magic happening in front of their eyes.
Other Chocolate Cookie Recipes:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Chop the butter and chocolate and melt it in the microwave until it's smooth. Heat the chocolate carefully by checking and mixing it often.
- Blend eggs with sugar until it has tripled in quantity and the liquid is pretty think. About 15 minutes. In small portions, mix in chocolate (room temperature) into the eggs, add vanilla extract, mix well.
- Sift flour. Add salt and baking powder and mix it up. In small amounts, add your flour mixture to egg mixture. Cover up the bowl and let it sit in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours, you can even leave it overnight. Dough should turn out with pretty hard texture.
- Out of dough, make smMake sure to work quick with cold dough, otherwise it will become sticky and you will need to put it back into the fridge.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 12-20 minutes, until outside has hard shell, but inside still feels soft, all depending on your oven,;I would suggest to check on them after 12 minutes.