M&M Cookies are the perfect combination of chewy and soft, with a nice crunch from the added candy pieces. They are a great, easy-to-make addition to that holiday tray you’ve been putting off making.
These cookies are the best cookies you will try. Typically it’s hard to have that perfect consistency of chewy and soft. But, with this recipe you get the perfect result with almost no effort.
What makes these M&M Cookies special is that you can choose the colors of M&M’s to match the season or decorations. I chose red and green for Christmas. You may choose orange during the fall or use all the colors for kid’s birthdays, kids love colorful cookies.
M&M Cookies are great for the holidays because you can be super cute and only use red and green pieces for Christmas baking. Look at you being so festive! For Fall I always use orange and yellow pieces and for my boys’ birthdays, I’ll make cookies using their favorite colors.
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
Wanna be extra naughty? Add a cup of chocolate chips to the dough and satiate that extreme chocolate craving nagging at you. I love using this variation for my holiday trays, because, “Why not?”
How to Make the M&M Cookies
- Whisk together butter with confectioners and brown sugar until fluffy.
- To the mixture add in egg, vanilla and pinch of salt. Whisk to combine together.
- Combine flour with baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add flour mixture to the mixing bowl.With this step start mixture on low speed otherwise flour can make a huge mess in your kitchen.
- Add half of the M&M’s to the dough, leave the rest for the cookie tops.
- To keep the cookie sizes consistent, use an ice cream scoop to form the cookies. Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake M&M cookies at 350 °F for 7-11 minutes, depending on the size. When cookies are warm they may look soft, but as they cool down they will begin to harden. Be careful not to over-bake them.
Tips for Making M&M Cookies
- Add some extra M&Ms on top of the cookies before baking. This way you will have candies inside the cookies, as well as on top!
- Don’t over bake these cookies. They will turn out extra crispy and dry.
- Use room temperature butter to create smooth dough texture.
- Bake cookies on a lined baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
Storing M&M Cookies
Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container on the counter. They will stay fresh for up to a week!
Freezing M&M Cookie Dough
Want to freeze your dough for later use? Roll your dough into a log and wrap it in parchment paper. Place it in a Ziploc bag and freeze it for up to two months. When you are ready to use it, take a knife and slice the log into ½-inch thick pieces.
Refrigerate M&M Cookie Dough
Refrigerate your dough for later use by storing it in an airtight container in the fridge. Make sure to use it within 2-3 days.
Other Cookies to Try
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients. The butter should be at a room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Whisk butter with brown and granulated sugar. To the mixture, add salt, vanilla and egg, then whisk until it becomes fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine together flour with baking powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl. Slowly whisk it to combine together.
- Add half of the M&M's to the dough. Scoop the cookie dough and place it on a baking sheet. Add the remaining M&M's to the tops of the cookies.
- Bake M&M Cookies for 7-11 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie.