These cranberry brie bites feature golden brown fillo cups filled with melty brie cheese, tart cranberry sauce, & fresh cranberry. The perfect appetizer!
Whether you’re looking for a festive appetizer for Christmas or Thanksgiving or just a fancy treat to gather around with friends, these tasty cranberry brie bites are just what you’re looking for. Made with store bought fillo dough cups, they come together super quickly and only require a bit of light assembly. The gooey, cheesy result is to die for!
Making these Cheesy Cranberry Brie Bites
Making these cranberry brie bites only requires 4 simple ingredients and a quick bake in the oven.
- Slice the Cheese: First, slice the brie into small cubes.
- Assemble the Cups: Next, place a cube of brie into the fillo cup, followed by cranberry sauce and cranberry halves.
- Broil the Cups: Broil the cups on a baking sheet in the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Cranberry Brie Bites
Below, find a couple of handy tips and tricks to help you make the best cranberry brie bites on the planet.
- Keep the rind on the brie. Brie is one of those awesome cheeses that has a tasty and edible rind. In the oven, it will bake down and add such a nice depth of flavor to the bites. Keep it on!
- Don’t overfill the cups. Avoid overfilling the cups, or the cheese will bake over the sides in the oven. Just a small piece of cheese, a dollop of cranberry sauce, and a couple cranberry halves will do the trick.
- Broil the cups on the bottom rack of the oven. To prevent the cups from burning in the oven, bake them on the lowest rack of the oven on a high broil. Give them a check after a couple of minutes to ensure they aren’t cooking too quickly. If they are, take the broil down to low.
Quick Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Go the extra mile and make a quick cranberry sauce by boiling 3 cups of cranberries with 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup orange juice. Cook it on a low simmer for 15 minutes and allow it to fully cool to room temperature. Store for up to two weeks in an airtight container!
Below, find several different ways to tweak these cranberry brie bites to fit your specific tastebuds.
- Swap in a different jelly. Swap the cranberry sauce for strawberry or raspberry jam, pepper jelly, or orange marmalade. Go crazy!
- Add in fresh herbs. If you’re feeling extra fancy, garnish the cups with fresh rosemary or thyme.
- Substitute puff pastry sheets or crescent roll dough. If you want a doughier cranberry brie bite, swap the fillo dough out for puff pastry or crescent dough.
- Sprinkle on some nuts. To add a bite more texture, add some roughly chopped walnuts, pecans, or pistachios on the cranberry brie bites.
Making the Perfect Appetizer Tray
Serve these cranberry brie bites with a handful of your other favorite small bites for the perfect appetizer tray. Easy tea sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, air fryer potato skins, and chicken crepe pockets are a few of our favorites. If you need more ideas, check out all of our finger foods.
While these cranberry brie bites are best eaten warm out of the oven, you can also eat them at room temperature. To keep them on hand for up to a week, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or on the counter for 2-3 days.
Where can you find fillo dough?
You can find premade fillo dough in the freezer section of the grocery store.
What happens if you can’t find premade fillo cups?
If you can’t find premade fillo cups, slice fillo sheets down into small squares and place them into a muffin tin. Fill with toppings and bake as directed!
Are cranberry brie bites good cold?
Yes! They are quite delicious cold and can be eaten just like a pastry.
Can you use a different kind of cheese?
You can use goat cheese or feta cheese instead.
- Pickled Beets And Pate Smørrebrød – Beet and pate appetizer sandwiches
- Sautéed Mushroom Appetizer (Crazy Easy) – Sautéed whole mushrooms with parmesan
- Cheesy Baked Tiger Shrimp Recipe – Cheesy stuffed baked shrimp
- Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches (Canapés) – Smoked salmon and cream cheese toasts
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 8 oz brie cheese
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 12 mini filo shells
- Cut the brie into small pieces that will fit just perfectly into the fillo cups.
- Place the brie in the cup first, followed by the cranberry sauce and cranberry halves.
- Broil the brie and cranberry bites on the lower rack of the oven for about 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve them warm or at room temperature!