I love getting comments from all of you. I not only connect but personally get to know the readers. In this case, a reader gave me an idea of this cake recipe. She suggested that I share a Raffaello cake roll recipe on the blog. After some idea and testing, this is the ending result.
As you can tell from the blog, I haven’t been baking much lately. I just don’t like spending my day in a hot kitchen or find any time for it. This is why I loved this recipe, it was all completed from start to finish within a few hours.
The flavors are right on, it reminds me of the candy in so many ways.
Other Cakes you Will Love
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat eggs together with 1cup sugar, until it doubles in volume.
- By thirds, using spatula, fold flour into the egg mixture. Be careful not to over-mix the dough.
- Spread the dough into a lined baking sheet, 10" X 15" is a perfect size. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, place a kitchen towel over the cake. Roll up the shorter side, making it into a long roll. Let the roll cool to a room temperature. Remove towel and parchment paper.
- Prepare ingredients for the cream. Picture is missing heavy whipping cream, whoopsies.
- Whisk together butter with 1cup sugar, until it's completely smooth. Add almond extract to the mixture.
- Add in cream cheese, continue whisking until it's completely, perfectly creamy. In a separate dish, whip whipping cream until stiff peaks and it's all fluffy.
- Little by little, add whipping cream to the butter/cream cheese mixture, eventually combining it all together in one bowl.
- Spread cream on the inside of the sponge cake. Spread almonds, 1/2 coconut flakes and wafer pieces over the cream in the inside.
- Roll up the cake and tightly cover it with the remainder of the cream. Sprinkle coconut flakes over the cake roll and decorate with candy or as you wish.
- Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.