These banana whoopie pies feature moist banana almond cookies sandwiched with cream cheese frosting. A wonderful way to use those overly ripe bananas!
Whoopie pies are like eating a cake in the form of a cookie, it’s delicious. What I love about this recipe, is that the cookie is loaded with healthy ingredients. You would hardly feel guilty about eating it.
This recipe will stick around with us. The days our bananas turn brown, we usually make Banana Bread, but now we will have more options.
Other Treats to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Gather all the ingredients for the cookies.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl and set them aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Fold the dry ingredients into the eggs and stir to combine.
- Fold the mashed bananas and vanilla extract into the batter and stir to combine.
- Place about 12, similar-sized spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, ensuring there are a few inches of space in between each. Bake at 350°F for 13 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Pipe the frosting onto one of the cookie halves and sandwich it with another one. Repeat until you run out of cookies. Store the whoopie pies in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve (avoid using an airtight container or they will turn soggy). Enjoy!