These white chocolate raspberry tarts have a delicate, sandy texture and are filled with a creamy, decadent white chocolate and cream cheese filling.They look so elegant and festive and you can even do most of the work in advance.
The incorporation of fluffy whipped cream makes it as light as a cloud. The tart raspberries cut through the sweetness of the pastry and add just the right amount of fresh flavor and juiciness.These white chocolate raspberry tarts make the perfect addition to any holiday table.
Tips for Making the Perfect Tarts
Where to Buy the Molds
The molds are sold at many different stores, including Bed, Bath and Beyond. They’re approximately 3 1/2 inches across the top. You will have about 28 tarts, depending on the type of tart mold that you use.
Should You Grease the Tart Shells
Since there is so much butter in the batter, you don’t need to grease the tart shells, unless the tart pans that you are using require it. You can make the tarts a few days in advance. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
How to Remove the Tarts From the Mold
Cool for about 10 minutes and then take the tarts out of the tart molds by holding the tart molds upside down over your other hand, gently pressing on the sides of the tart shells and the tarts should slide right out.
How to Achieve the Freshest Tasting Results
Fill the tarts right before serving. This way the tarts don’t become too soft and the filling doesn’t deflate. If you do fill them in advance, store them in the refrigerator. The tarts will be soft, but the filling should stay cold and won’t melt.
Other Tarts Recipes to Try:
This recipe is contributed by my friend Olga from olgasflavorfactory.com.
In our family, we love sharing all sorts of cookies, pastries, pies and yeast breads with family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. My mom started this thoughtful practice when I was still a little girl and to this day, bakes up more than a dozen varieties every holiday season. I have continued this wonderful tradition and now have my two little boys helping me, which makes it so much more meaningful.
Share Some Love ❤️
White Chocolate Filling
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- white chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using an electric stand or hand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar for about 3 minutes or until it's light and fluffy.
- One at a time, beat the eggs into the mixture, followed by the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together and add it into the batter. Beat to combine.
- Distribute about 2 tablespoons of the batter into each mold of a tart shell pan. Bake the tarts for 15 minutes, or until they turn golden brown. Let them cool for 10 minutes. Remove the shells and set them aside.
White Chocolate Filling
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the white chocolate. Using a mixer, whisk the cream cheese until smooth. Next, pour the melted white chocolate into the cream cheese and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. You can use a mixer or whisk it by hand.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and white chocolate mixture. The final product should have a thick consistency that is very fluffy and tender.