Whenever there is a family event, we always ask my sister to make those tart baskets. We all just love them and because she is a pro, no one else dares to take her place.
The secret to her recipe is that she uses jello mix in her cream, it adds a nice texture and flavor. Plus, you can change things up by using different jello flavors. In this recipe, I am using a lemon flavor, my sister prefers berry flavors, which are great also.
Most Cream Jam Tart recipes, require individual baskets for each cookie. This recipe has a solution for those of you, who don’t want to purchase them. Plus these baskets are incredibly pretty, so I think this might even be a better option.
Other Cookie Treats to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for the cookies.
- Combine together flour with sugar. Grate cold butter into the flour mixture.
- Stir egg yolks and shortening into the flour mixture. Using small portions, add in water.
- Work dough by hand, until it all comes together. Let the dough sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough thinly. Using a flower shape (preferably), cut cookies out of the dough. Place each piece inside the mini cupcake pan.
- Bake them at 350 for about 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Combine together jello mix with hot water, let it dissolve and cool to a room temperature. Whisk cream cheese using a mixer, until it's fluffy, then stir Truwhip into the cream cheese. Into the cream, add in the cooled jello and whisk until combined.
- Spoon jam into cooled cookie baskets. Place cream into a piping bag with a tip.
- Pipe prepared cream into each cookie basket.
- Keep them refrigerated, until you are ready to serve. They can stay fresh for up to a week if you keep them in an air tight container.