Looking for a great tasting, easy to make strawberry scones recipe? These strawberry scones are delicious. Nothing can compare to a homemade scone.
Those scones remind me of grandma, she often made them when we would come over to hang out at her place. Scones are pretty popular now a days. Starbucks sells blueberry scones, but in my opinion, you cannot compare them to homemade, warm out the oven…yummy
Tips for Making the Perfect Scones:
- Never use bread flour. Bread flour is too strong and will not give a light airy texture to the scones.
- The secret to perfectly soft scones is not to overwork the dough.
- Make sure all of the scones are the same size. This ensures even baking.
- Beaten or whisked eggs work best to coat the top of the scones. Some recipes call for milk, but I find eggs give the best shine.
Variations to Strawberry Scones
- If you wish to make a little healthier version, you can replace 1 cup of white flour with whole wheat flour. And replacing sour cream with plain yogurt.
- Blueberries can be swapped for the strawberries in this recipe.
Ingredients for Strawberry Scones
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
How to Make Grandma’s Strawberry Scones
Begin by reading the printable recipe below and gathering your ingredients as needed. Create your dough as directed, then roll into a rectangular shape that will be topped with strawberries and folded. Slice into portions and place on your baking sheet prior to baking. Best served warm.
Other Pastries to Try:
- Sweet Cheese Bourekas
- White Chocolate Raspberry Mini Tarts
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- How to Make Pastry for Jam Tarts
- Cheese Turnover Pastry Dough
Share Some Love ❤️
- Cut in softened butter. Gently fold in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Unroll the dough unto a rectangular shape. Spread diced strawberries all over the the dough. Fold over the dough, rolling it into a log.
- Place scones onto lined baking sheet. Brush tops with whisked egg and sprinkle with some sugar. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.