Create a simple salad that only has a few ingredients, but enough flavor to steal the show! You can even make it ahead. It’s the perfect party food.
Have you ever needed something you can serve at a party that didn’t take you all day to make? My corn, tomato and avocado salad is exactly that! It’s perfect for dipping or even eating it alone.
You can make it ahead of time. Chop up the ingredients and chill them in the fridge. Just add the salad dressing before you serve.
This is the summer-in-a-bowl perfection. Store it in an airtight container and it’s perfect for camping or summer BBQs.
Other Variations for Corn Salad
Even though this is one of the easiest salads you’ll ever make, there are still some ways you can make it even easier. Here are some of my favorite time-saving tips.
- Use canned corn. Instead of grilling fresh corn, save time by using canned corn. It tastes just as delicious.
- Any type of tomatoes works. Don’t worry about trying to find grape tomatoes, other garden tomatoes are great.
- Try different onions. Add green or yellow onions instead of the purple.
Herbs to Put on Corn Salad
You can’t forget the herbs! It’s the herbs that elevate this salad. Take my advice and use fresh herbs. You will love how the flavors jump off the corn and tomatoes.
The best herbs to use in my corn and tomato salad are:
You can use any combination of the herbs above. Put them on a small bit of the salad and taste it. Make it how you love it!
Corn Salad Protein Ideas
What types of protein do you like to put on your corn salad? Whether you are a vegan or not, there are lots of ideas that can work. Choose your favorites. Here are some of mine:
- Black beans
Other Corn Salad Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 ear of corn
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado (large)
- 1/2 purple onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare ingredients for the Corn Tomato Avocado Salad.
- Grill corn until all sides of corn is browned. Cut corn off the cob. Splice cherries in half, avocado in to square. Cut onion into tiny squares.
- In small bowl mix oil, vinegar and grated garlic together. Mix all vegetables together, go easy on the salad because avocado can get mushy; and drizzle the salad with dressing.
- Serve salad right away.