This corn tomato avocado salad is summertime in a bowl. Perfect for campouts or BBQs, it’s super low maintenance to put together, bright, and healthy.
Looking for a dish to bring to the party that won’t take you all day to prep? This corn tomato avocado salad is exactly that! Serve it as a dip alongside crunchy corn tortilla chips or as a side dish to whatever protein you have cooking up on the grill.
Preparing this Easy Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
Preparing this cheery salad only requires a quick grill and some light assembly.
- Grill the Corn: Fire up the grill and grill the corn on all sides. Slice the corn kernels off the cob.
- Dice the Veggies: Next, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and dice the avocado and red onion into small pieces.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lime juice, and grated garlic together. Season the dressing to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Assemble the Salad: Place all the veggies in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve immediately!
Helpful Tips & Tricks
Follow some of our top hacks to make the most out of this corn tomato avocado salad.
- Don’t over toss the salad. This salad is prone to getting mushy, so be very gently when tossing it. Less is more!
- Opt for sweet corn. Sweet corn will provide the best contrast to the creaminess of the avocado and the crunchy veggies.
- Use canned corn in a pinch. If you are short on time, go ahead and use canned corn instead of fresh corn. If you still want a smokier flavor profile, pan fry the corn in a little olive oil on the stovetop and allow it to cool down completely before tossing it into the salad.
- Let the dressing marinate overnight (if you can). If you have the time, whip up the dressing the day before and allow it fully develop its flavors in the fridge overnight. Store it in a Mason Jar so you can easily shake it up to redistribute the ingredients.
Variations for this Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
Even though this is one of the easiest salads you’ll ever make, there are still some ways you can spruce it up. Here are some of my favorite time-saving tips.
- Add in fresh herbs. Use one or a combination of cilantro, parsley, basil, chives, or dill. Nothing brightens up this salad quite like a handful of fresh herbs!
- Add some beans. If you’re a vegetarian, toss some black beans or chickpeas into the salad for more fiber and protein.
- Swap in different veggies. Add in some diced cucumber or red bell pepper for extra crunch. If you want some heat, add in half of a diced jalapeno to the mix.
- Add in some cheese. Cotija cheese or feta cheese adds a nice pop of tang and brightness to the salad.
Ideas for Serving
This salad pairs wonderfully with carne asada street tacos, air fryer salmon, or air fryer pork chops. If you’re preparing as an appetizer, serve it alongside homemade baked tortilla chips for dipping.
Make Ahead & Storage Tips
You can whip this salad up ahead of time by chopping up all the ingredients (except the avocado – that needs to be cut as close to serving as possible because it turns brown) and storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve, simply toss the dressing in right before. Once the salad is tossed, the leftovers will only keep for 1 day. Some salads are best eaten right away!
Is corn tomato avocado salad healthy for you?
Yes, corn tomato avocado salad is very healthy. It’s packed full of fiber and potassium, making it much more filling than most leafy green salads.
Can you use frozen corn for corn tomato avocado salad?
Yes, you can use frozen corn for corn tomato avocado salad. To do so, make sure to thaw it completely and drain it of any excess liquid before tossing it into the salad.
What are some good dressing options for a corn tomato avocado salad recipe?
A simple citrusy vinaigrette pairs great with a corn tomato avocado salad. Other great options include jalapeno ranch or a cilantro lime vinaigrette.
More Tasty Salad Recipes to Try
- Black Bean Corn Salad Recipe – Black bean, corn, & tomato salad
- Fritos Chili Cheese Salad Recipe – Frito, corn, & cheese salad
- 15-Minute Arugula Caprese Salad – Arugula, mozzarella, & tomato salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – Grilled corn and cotija cheese salad
Share Some Love ❤️
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Over a gas or charcoal grill, grill the corn on all sides until it gets a nice sear. Using a sharp knife, slice the corn kernels off the cob. Slice the tomatoes into halves, and dice the avocado and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, and grated garlic together. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Place the chopped veggies into a serving bowl and drizzle them with the salad dressing.
- Serve the salad immediately and enjoy!