Every spring we take a trip to the Oregon state coast to experience the breeze of fresh air, walk on sand and maybe watch a sunset. As a habit, we go around local restaurants, those you see operating from their homes or have owners serve food. With the help of Yelp, it’s much easier nowadays to find a good place to eat.
While in Lincoln City, we discovered Beach Dog Cafe and several years later, I still remember the great flavors of their Stuffed French Toast. I’ve finally got around to recreating the recipe at home and it was just as good as the one from the cafe.
Easter Bread makes a perfect bread for French Toast. I made a large portion of this bread and froze it to use for our breakfasts.
Other Breakfast Options
Share Some Love ❤️
- 10 sli Bread
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Unsalted Butter for frying
- Prepare all ingredients, leave cream cheese in a room temperature.
- Whisk eggs together with milk and half of the vanilla extract.
- Whip cream cheese together with sugar and vanilla extract. Add fresh blueberries into the cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Apply cream cheese mixture onto one of the bread slices.
- Dip both sides of toast into the egg mixture.
- On low heat, preheat a skillet with a tablespoon of butter. Place french toast and fry until golden brown, repeat the other side.
- Enjoy your toast with some fresh, garden berries.