This stuffed french toast is golden brown, crispy, and stuffed with cream cheese and blueberries. Be prepared to jump out of bed quicker than you ever have!
What is Stuffed French Toast?
Stuffed French Toast is actually a French toast sandwich. It’s made from French toast slices with a cream cheese and berry filling in the middle.
Famous breakfast-place Ihop used to carry this comfort food. Until they decide to add it to their menu again, you can make a copycat Stuffed French Toast in the comfort of your home! Plus you can easily customize it to fit your family’s taste buds. You will be so glad you finally took the time to jazz up regular French toast. It’s absolutely worth it!
What Type of Bread is Best for French Toast
You can make French Toasts with pretty much any bread on hand. This includes baguette, challah, brioche, even sourdough or gluten-free bread! Use bread that you have left over, or that you let dry on purpose overnight. This way the slices won’t absorb too much egg and get soggy, but instead will turn out perfectly. Some other ideas include — thick slices from our White Country Bread, Easter Bread, or for a healthier option, our Honey Wheat Bread.
How to Make Stuffed French Toast
Making Stuffed French Toast is simpler than it looks. It requires little time and even less ingredients. Follow the steps below to make your Stuffed French Toast.
- Gather the bread slices you will use.
- Whisk up the eggs, milk and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Whip up the cream cheese filling.
- Scoop up the filling mixture and apply it to one bread slice.
- Sandwich it with another slice of bread and dunk it in the egg mixture.
- Melt butter in the pan and fry for a few minutes per side until golden.
Reheating Tip: Reheat on either on a stovetop, microwave, or air fryer. If you are reheating a large batch, the oven will work great.
Serving Stuffed French Toast
The secret in serving Stuffed French Toast is in the topping. Here are a few of my favorite topping ideas that you can implement when serving your Stuffed French Toast.
Serve French Toast in a variety of platter. That’s right, top your toasts with either strawberries, lemon zest or powdered sugar. You can even drizzle them with maple syrup or raspberry jam. For those with a salt-tooth (it’s real), why not arrange some bacon slices on top?!
Other Variations to Try
Your French Toasts don’t have to be boring. Spice up your varieties with even more options. Don’t just take my word for it, try these combinations for yourself.
- Nutella-Stuffed: Replace your cream cheese mixture with Nutella, for all those chocolate lovers!
- Berry Switch: For the ultimate fresh berry flavor, fill your toast with raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
- Fruit Slices: Thinly slice up some bananas, pears or apples, and serve alongside the toast with a touch of whipped cream on top.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly: Do your kids love PB&J? Load up your toasts with a good layer of your favorite nut butter and jelly for a delicious combination.
- Cinnamon French Toast: Add a kick to your toast by adding some cinnamon to the cream cheese or even to the egg mixture.
- Chocolate Raspberry French Toast: For a truly romantic combination — try spicing up your cream cheese filling with a gram of cacao powder and a few raspberry pieces. Now, who’s hungry?
More Breakfast Recipes
This wouldn’t be a Momsdish without more delicious recipes for your table. Try out these other delicious breakfast ideas, to make breakfast worth not skipping!
- Sweet Cheese Blintzes Recipe (Filled Crepe) – Rolled crepe filled with sweet cheese
- Russian Pancakes Oladi – Crispy mini pancakes with plenty of topping options.
- Buttermilk Waffles – Fluffy, airy, and melt-in-your mouth delicious.
- The Perfect Crepes – Savory or sweet, this is definitely a crowd-pleaser!
- No-Knead Cinnamon Rolls – Perfect to prep in advance for a weekend brunch (or a last-minute sweet craving).
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients. Allow cream cheese to reach room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs with milk, and half of the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, whip cream cheese together with sugar and the remaining vanilla extract. Add fresh blueberries into the cream mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop up a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and spread it onto one of the bread slices. Sandwich another slice of bread on top. Carefully dip both sides of toast into the egg mixture.
- On low heat, preheat a skillet with a tablespoon of butter. Place the assembled Stuffed French Toast and fry until golden brown, then flip over and repeat.
- Serve your Stuffed French Toast with some fresh berries and powdered sugar. Enjoy!