I think most of you would agree that Panera Bread Restaurant has some of the most delicious bread. But how about making something like it, at home; fresh, warm, right out of the oven. Nothing beats the aroma of a freshly baked bread.
By the way – baking homemade bread is a lot easier than you may think. Take up this challenge and make your own bread at home. The first time I baked bread, it totally made me feel like a perfect housewife. Back in the days, in the former Soviet Union, each housewife had to know how to bake bread at home.
Other Bread Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- (for starter) In a large bowl, combine together water with yeast, stir to dissolve. Stir flour into the water, cover with a towel and let it sit in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- To the starter mixture, add salt, honey, oil, yeast and water. Stir to combine together.
- Using a mixer, fold in flour in small portions. Knead for 8-10 minutes, until the dough is elastic, as you can see in the picture.
- Divide the dough into two different pieces, cover it with a towel and let it rise for about 30 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into an oval shape. Roll it into a jelly roll, tight it up to seal the edges.
- Place the dough into a bread pan, cover it with a towel, let it rise for 30 minutes. Score the dough using a sharp knife.
- Bake the bread at 400F, for about 30 minutes or until golden.