I think most of you would agree that Panera Bread Restaurant has some of the most delicious bread. But how about making something like it, at home; fresh, warm, right out of the oven. Nothing beats the aroma of a freshly baked bread.
By the way – baking homemade bread is a lot easier than you may think. Take up this challenge and make your own bread at home. The first time I baked bread, it totally made me feel like a perfect housewife. Back in the days, in the former Soviet Union, each housewife had to know how to bake bread at home.
Other Bread Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- First, make the starter by combining water with the dry yeast, stirring until it's fully dissolved. Stir flour into the yeast and water mixture, cover the bowl with a towel, and let it sit in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Add salt, honey, oil, yeast, and water to the starter. Stir until well combined.
- Using a stand mixer, fold in the flour in small portions. Knead with a dough hook for 8-10 minutes, or until the dough is elastic.
- Divide the dough into two equal-sized pieces. Cover them with a towel and let them rise for around 30 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into two oval shapes. On a floured surface, shape them into logs and pinch the edges with your fingers to seal them.
- Place each dough log into a bread pan, cover them with a towel, and let them rise for an additional 30 minutes. Score the top of each loaf by slicing the top down the middle with a sharp knife.
- Bake the bread at 400°F for about 30 minutes or until it turns golden brown.