Having a delicious Creamy Potato Soup Recipe is a must have for anyone who likes soup. With this potato soup recipe, everyone will be asking for seconds.
My friend Tanya invited us over for dinner, a few weeks back. Oh man, she really went all out with it. Even though we are very close friends, she said that she felt pressured to have “Mom’s Dish” for dinner, which is so hilarious, as I am quite simple and would settle for a pizza. Part of her fancy dinner was this delicious soup. My husband was on my case about it for a week. When I finally made it, it was gone in a matter of hours, no joke. The creamy texture with tiny chunks and refreshed topping, go heavenly together. You guys will love this recipe, I promise!!!
How do you thicken loaded potato soup?
The answer is really simple – use a thickening agent. In this particular creamy potato soup recipe, I use use flour (as noted below in the recipe). However, you can also use corn starch.
What is good with potato soup?
I love to search a bread and salad with soup. With any of your favorite breads, you can “slop” up the soup!
Ingredients for Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
- Baked Potatoes
- Whole Milk
- Hot Water
- Chicken Better Than Bouillon
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon Crisps
- Green Onions
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
As this soup recipe contains a lot of small vegetable pieces, I prefer to begin by prepping all of the ingredients before I actually start cooking. Check the printable recipe below for full directions and measurements. T
Once all ingredients are prepared, you will cook down the onions until caramelized to build flavor and add to a roux base of the soup. Once the roux is prepared, you will add remaining ingredients and cook as directed before serving. Best topped with shredded cheese, extra bacon, and sliced green onions.
More Soup Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Rice Noodle Soup Recipe
- Meat Dumpling Soup
- Russian Vegetable Soup
- Food Network Pea Soup
- Russian Mushroom Soup Recipe
Share Some Love ❤️
- To prepare all ingredients for the soup, dice onions into tiny pieces, dice baked potatoes and dice cooked bacon.
- Preheat pot with butter, add onions into it and cook until it is caramelized. Stir in flour and mix until the flour is spread evenly.
- Pour milk & hot water into the cooking ingredients. When it starts simmering, add in diced potatoes and better than bullion. If necessary, season it with salt, but keep in mind that cheese and bacon have seasoning.
- Let the ingredients simmer until creamy, for about 10 minutes.