We’ve lately been having all types of beef broth soups. I love making my own broth with bone in beef, because in the end, the beef is so tender, just a perfect addition of protein to the meal.
Beef Rice Noodle Soup is inspired by Pho. We love Pho, but I wanted a simple version of the soup, so this is where this recipe came from. The soup turned out so filling and flavorful.
Other Noodle Soup Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 lb bone-in beef
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 garlic heads
- 1 large carrot
- salt to taste
- 2 large green onions
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 lb mushrooms
- 1 lb fresh rice noodles
- spicy peppers to taste
- Gather all the ingredients for the recipe.
- Fill a large soup pot with 7 quarts of water. Add in the beef, onion, carrot, and garlic heads with the skin kept on. Let it simmer for about 90 minutes.
- Strain the broth through a cheesecloth. Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces and set them aside.
- Place the strained beef broth back into a large soup pot. Dice the asparagus and green onions and add them to the broth, followed by the beef.
- Dice the mushrooms and sauté them in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms into the soup pot and bring the soup to a boil. Pop the rice noodles in and remove the soup from heat.
- Serve the soup warm and enjoy!