This plum pie is encased with a crust that’s closer to the texture of a cookie. Combined with the tangy plum filling, you’ll be hooked!
I really like this version of a pie. Dough in this pie reminds me of cookie dough, works wonderful with the plums.
One of my friends share the recipe and I have been making it few years in a row. I like to use prune plums in this recipe, they are one of our favorites. It was the most common plum we had back in Ukraine.
Pie can be a bit messy when you cut it hot, juice from inside kind of floats all over. If you give it about an hour to let the juice on the inside thicken up., usually I don’t have patience so I don’t mind eating messy pie.
Other Pie Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Combine together butter, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix in sour cream until you get once consistency.
- In small portions add flour to the mixture until you get elastic dough.
- Split dough into two balls, one a little larger than the other one.
- Roll out larger piece for the bottom of the pie. Place dough in round cake pan, lifting up dough against the side so the pan.
- Cut plums in halves, place them facing down inside the pie, cover all bottom very tight and sprinkle with sugar.
- Roll out second piece of dough, cover the pie and with fingers pinch together the sides.
- Bake at 400F for about 25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.