A friend of mine was kind enough to share fresh prune plums, right form the tree. Prune plums are especially amazing in Plum Pie, but in my case, I got more than I could handle, so I decided to make jam.
Recipes Ideas for Jam
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 qt Plums
- 1 qt Sugar
- Rinse plums, cut plums into four pieces.
- Place plums in a pot, cover with sugar and let it stand overnight. During this time it will produce juice.
- The following day, cook plums until boiled. Once they are boiled, turn off the heat. Repeat bringing to a boil, 5-7 more times. Between each time let plums completely cool. This process will help thicken the jam.
- When you bring the jam to boil for the last time, you should instantly place it into jars. Be careful not to burn the jam, stir the ingredients often, don’t forget about it (if you have a timer in the kitchen, it may come handy).
- For canning you would need to sterilize jars; here is how it’s done. Wash all jars and lids, preheat oven to 215F, place all jars and lids in the oven, keep them there until they are all dry.
- When you remove jars form the oven, they will be hot, place hot jam into the jars. Cover each one tight with a lid and turn jars upside-down for about an hour.
- Jam can be stored for several months in a cool place.