These easy dumplings are a lazy way of making Russian Farmers Cheese Varenyky at home, in just a fraction of the time.
A friend of mine shared this recipe after her trip to Ukraine. Since my husband is a huge fan of Varenyky, but rarely do I find time and patience to make it, this recipe was a must.
P.S. This recipe is originally supposed to include farmers cheese, but instead, I chose large curd cottage cheese. The chunks of cheese still remain inside of dumplings and the taste is almost identical to the original Farmers Cheese Varenyky.
Other Russian Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Into a large bowl, combine eggs together with cottage cheese, sugar and melted butter.
- Into the mixture, fold in flour in small portions. Note: depending on the flour you use, you may need to add a bit more. Dough will be sticky, but should be possible to work with, on a well floured surface.
- Place dough onto a well floured surface, roll out stains of dough and cut them into one inch pieces.
- Cook dumplings in small portions in a boiling water, this way they don’t stick together. Drain cooked dumplings and coat with melted butter.
- Serve with a side of sour cream, fruits or favorite jam.