Want to make homemade gnocchi? With this potato gnocchi recipe, you can make gnocchi anytime. Easy homemade gnocchi made to perfection.
This recipe uses the flesh from potatoes, leaving you with empty potato skins. Do yourself a favor and make thisPotato Skins Recipe.
Gnocchi reminds me a lot of the Ukrainian “Galushki”, which we made out of potatoes. Gnocchi’s texture is a bit chewy and quite different from the regular pasta. They work well with many sauces or additions to soups and they freeze well for use in the future.
Gnocchi had been on my list to make, for a very long time, but I was too afraid to try, as they seemed too complicated. After looking over a few recipes, I realized that making homemade gnocchi is quite simple. You can see a video of me making them on Instagram.
What to serve with Potato Gnocchi?
You have a variety of options with potato gnocchi.
- You can serve it with your favorite pasta sauce
- traditionally, gnocchi is served with a butter and sage sauce
- drizzle your favorite olive oil over the gnocchi and serve sprinkled with fresh parmesan cheese
You can also use potato gnocchi in other recipes like:
Ingredients for Potato Gnocchi Recipe
- All-purpose Flour
How to Make Potato Gnocchi
Prepare for this recipe by getting all ingredients ready and reading over the printable recipe below. You will bake the potatoes first and will want to use a potato ricer for the best results.
Follow the directions for mixing the dough with eggs, flour, and salt to form the perfect gnocchi dough. Cut into pieces as directed and cook. Best served with butter and garlic or a cream based sauce.
Other Pasta Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Bake Potatoes at 400° for about 1 hour. Test using a fork, to check if they are cooked. Allow them to cool, enough to be able to handle them.
- Cut potatoes in half, spoon out the inside. Leave the potato skin, thick enough, if you plan to use it. Run the scooped potato through a ricer or a grinder. Let it cool down.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Drizzle the egg mixture over the potatoes.
- Mix salt into flour. Sprinkle flour over potatoes. Work the dough, just enough to combine everything together.
- Cut off a small piece of dough and roll it into a straight line. Cut it into half inch sized pieces.
- Take each piece and roll it down the tines of a well floured fork.
- To cook gnocchi, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add gnocchi to the water and stir to prevent it from them sticking together. Cook until gnocchi will float to the top. Serve with your favorite pasta sauce or butter.