Strawberries are currently in season, they are so good when picked form a garden. We try to hit up a farmers market or my mother’s garden, at least a few times a month, during the summer.
I made this cake roll before going to my friend’s house. Left some for us and took the rest to her place. Later she wrote back, raving how amazing this cake is. In fact, it is really good. It’s pretty light and loaded with delirious cream, infused with strawberries.
Making Cake Rolls is very quick and easy, you could literally have a dessert in under an hour. If you are learning how to bake, this might be something you should start with. It’s just as great in flavor as any cake, only a lot easier to make.
Other Cake Rolls to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat oven to 350F. Beat eggs together with sugar until it doubles in volume.
- By thirds, using spatula, fold flour into the egg mixture. Be careful not to over-mix the dough.
- Spread the dough into a lined baking sheet, 10" X 15" is a perfect size. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, place a kitchen towel over the cake. Roll up the shorter side, making it into a long roll. Let roll cool to room temperature. Remove towel and parchment paper.
- Unroll the cake and spread blended strawberries over the cake. Let the mixture soak for a few minutes while you work on the cream.
- To prepare cream, beat softened cream cheese with sugar. Beat until the mixture is smooth and has no lumps. Add whipping cream into the cream mixture, beat until the cream is firm.
- Spread a stick layer of cream, sprinkle some diced strawberries.
- Roll the cake back into the roll. Decorate the cake with some powdered sugar, strawberries or cream. Keep it refrigerated before serving.