Last month was a birthday month at our place, it was my 30th and Ethan’s 6th. I kept this cake until this month, because I wanted to suggest a few ways of making it. If you’re doing your holiday baking now, you can always change the color of your cake sprinkles and you got yourself a Christmas cake. But for other times of the year, you can keep it just the way I made it.
There is a very generous amount of cream in this cake, don’t get scared, that’s what makes it really amazing. The cake comes out very light with this incredible cream on the inside. I think I had way more compliments about the cream than the cake itself.
Amazing Cakes For Birthday Party
Share Some Love ❤️
Birthday Cake Cream Ingredients
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream extra cold
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Gather all the ingredients for the sponge cake.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the eggs with sugar until you get soft peaks.
- Using a spatula, fold the flour into the egg mixture in thirds.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Spread the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (11in.x 18in.). Bake the cake at 350°F for about 13-15 minutes. Remove it from the oven, drape a kitchen towel over it, and roll it up into a spiral. Set it aside to cool at room temperature.
Birthday Cake Cream
- Gather the ingredients for the cake cream.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the extra cold heavy whipping cream until you get soft peaks.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and vanilla extract together. In small portions, fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Unravel the cake roll carefully and remove the kitchen towel and parchment paper. Apply a very generous amount of the cake cream on the inside of the roll. Gently roll it back into a spiral shape, making sure the cream doesn't get pushed out of the sides.
- Place the cake onto a serving tray and frost the outside of the cake with the remaining cream.
- Sprinkle with more cake sprinkles on top and refrigerate the cake roll at least for 3 hours (preferably overnight). Top with candles and enjoy!