Zucchini Vegetable Slice is a savory cake that can be served as main course, breakfast or as a side dish. It’s very filling and healthy at the same time. It does require a bit of baking time, but other than that, it’s pretty quick to prepare.
This savory cake has a great balance of flavors. Carrots and onion give it a nice sweetness, while cheese enriches it with savory flavors, giving it a creamy texture. If you wish to change things up a little, you can add bacon or ham to the cake.
Other Zucchini Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. Set aside.
- Peel the carrots and zucchini and grate them on the largest side of a cheese grater. Dice the onion and place all the veggies into a large bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add whisked eggs, oil, and cheese to the bowl and stir again to combine. Season mixture with salt, keeping in mind that the cheese will add a burst of salty/savory flavor.
- Brush a 9 in. or 11 in. pan with oil. Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes in the pan. Slice and enjoy!