In our family, we love brussel sprouts, especially when they are at their peak of the season. They look like tiny, little cabbages, but hold more flavor than a cabbage. They are so great for your health and can fill you up easily for hours. Last year, right before Thanksgiving, we had a recipe for Feta Garlic Brussel Sprouts posted and it got well liked, especially on Pinterest.
What I like about this recipe, is that the natural flavors from bacon, absorb into the veggies. When they are shredded into tiny pieces, there is more flavor in each bite. I would suggest buying a very good cut of bacon for this recipe. But I think any bacon would work, there is no bad bacon out there, right?
Serve Brussel Sprouts With
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the salad.
- Dice bacon into small pieces. Brown them on a skillet, until they are crispy.
- While bacon is cooking, shred brussel sprouts into thin pieces. You can do this by hand or a mandoline. Add brussel sprouts to the crispy bacon. Season them with salt and garlic powder.
- Cook everything on medium high for about five minutes. Stir in shredded parmesan cheese and remove from the heat.
- Serve this salad while it's still hot or at least warm.