Our whole family loves Cabbage Rolls, but due to the busy life schedules, I don’t get to prepare them that often. I’ve tried to form a lazy cabbage rolls recipe in my early years of cooking, but it didn’t come close to our expectations. This time, however, it was a different story.
This recipe is a replica of the original taste but takes so much less time to prepare. I love the fact that our boys devoured them with no problem, especially Ethan, who is four years old, asked for a refill. Every time our boys approve of a dish, it means that it’s a huge success, especially if the dish has a ton of veggies.
Other Cabbage Rolls Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 cup uncooked Rice
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon
- 1 medium Onion
- 3 medium Carrots
- 2 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 tbsp Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Cabbage
- 1 small Onion
- 3 large Tomatoes
- 1 cup Sourcream
- Salt to taste
- Dice onions and saute them on a preheated skillet, with some olive oil. Grate carrots and add them to sautéed onions. Saute vegetables until they are softened.
- Bring two cups of water, with one table spoon of Better Than Bouillon, to a boil. Place rice into the water, turn heat to low and let the rice cook until it's almost cooked through. Rice will cook through, later, while baking.
- Stir in rice and vegetables together. Add ground meat into the rice mixture. Stir to combine well together.
- Form a patty, the size of your palm and fry it on a preheated skillet, until both sides are golden brown. You can continue with the next steps or freeze the meat patties in a ziplock back for future use.
- Dice onion and cabbage into small pieces. Cut tomatoes into one inch cubes.
- On a preheated skillet with oil, sautee onion until softened. Add tomatoes into the cooking onions and cook on a low heat until it turns into sauce.
- Into to the sauteed vegetables, add cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes. Mix in sour cream and season with salt. Set the sauce aside.
- Place prepared patties on the bottom of a baking dish and cover them with a vegetable sour cream sauce.
- Bake it at 400F, for about 35 minutes. Serve them with cooking sauce and a dollop of sour cream, while they are still warm.