Whenever we visit a Teriyaki restaurant, boys usually take the rice off my plate, and I get my favorite part, chicken and salad. So, I had this idea of a similar salad recipe for the longest time and it finally came together.
The salad is just as great the next day, so long as the meat is separate from veggies. Just add dressing right before serving the salad.
The dressing you would need for this salad is a copycat from one of our favorite Teriyaki restaurants, see China Coast Salad Dressing recipe.
Other Chicken Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken
- 1/2 cup Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1/2 large Cabbage
- 1 large Carrot
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 cup China Coast Salad Dressing
- Marinate chicken with Sweet & Sour sauce. The one I am using is from Costco, one of our favorites.
- Let it marinate for about an hour. Either grill the chicken or cook it on high heat on a skillet. If you are using chicken breast, be cautious not to overcook the chicken.
- Clean and shred the vegetables. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Combine all the vegetables together into a large bowl.
- I would suggest serving this as individual portions or in a large bowl. Arrange the salad in the following order: veggies on the bottom, chicken on top and sprinkled with sesame seeds and peanuts. Drizzle the dressing right before serving.