I bet all of you have a childhood dish that you just can never forget. For me, it’s those quick piroshki. They were my favorite because the dough texture was very soft on the inside with a crispy outer shell. Mmmm… I can clearly remember each day we enjoyed those piroshki as kids.
Mama often made them with cherries and that was my favorite combination, and it’s what I am using in my recipe. Another good one is grated green apples with sugar.
Other Pirozhki Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for the dough.
- Combine together butter milk with sugar and baking soda. Stir in flour until well combined.
- Work the dough for a little until you get rid of all flour. Leave it covered for about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 15 equal pieces. Form each piece into a round shape.
- Roll out each piece of dough into an oval shape. Fill in each piece with the filling of your choice. Be sure to pinch all sides firmly so the filling doesn't drip out.
- Fry them on a low heat in a deep pan, filled with a cup of preheated oil.