Looking for a fruit piroshki recipe? Not only are these the best-tasting fruit piroshki I have ever made, but they are also perfect for any occasion. Make them for a snack, pot luck or just for a tasty treat.
For this recipe you will need to head over to my all time favorite, Perfect Yeast Dough Recipe and print it out too!
My boys love jam infused piroshki, seriously, my four year old ate at least eight of them in a single day!
If you wish to use fresh fruits in this recipe, replace jam with fruits instead, and a spool of sugar on top. Cherries make a killer filling for this recipe.
Ingredients for Fruit Piroshki
- Perfect Yeast Dough
- An Egg
How to MakeFruit Piroshki
Following the directions, prepare and divide the dough into equal pieces to fill with your favorite jam. Use the method directing you to place jam on one half of the piroshki dough before slicing and folding over the remaining dough to form a seal.
Allow the piroshki to rise before brushing with an egg wash and baking as directed. When stored in an airtight container, they will be fresh for up to a week.
Other Piroshki Recipes you Must Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 Perfect Yeast Dough
- 3 cup Jam
- 1 Egg
- Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces. The easiest way to divide the dough is by cutting it in halves.
- Continue diving until you get 24 equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece into an oval shape. Place the jam on one side of the oval, folding it half way and sealing the jam. Make small cuts on the other side of the oval and fold it over to create a sliced top.
- Make small cuts on the other side of the oval and fold it over to create a sliced top.
- Lay out piroshki on a baking sheet. Cover them with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Brush piroshki with whisked egg. Bake them at 350F for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Keep them in an air tight container. They can stay fresh for several days.