This Yeast Pastry Dough received so much attention in Russian Vatrushka recipe, I knew that it would be helpful for you to have a post that specifically dedicated to the dough. Using this dough, there are endless options of pastries to be made, such as Poppy Seed Buns, farmers cheese roulette, buns filled with jam, etc….
At one point, I had literally made a “test kitchen” at home for several days. Ran several different recipes of pastry dough, trying to find that perfect one. This dough had a wonderful turnout.
Note: Depending on the flour brand you use you may need much more flour. Dough may still be a little sticky but not runny.
Other Recipes to Try With This Dough:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 6 cup Flour (Canadian flour works best for baked pastries)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Combine yeast together with two cups of warm milk and one tablespoon of sugar. Let ingredients rest on a counter for about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, mayonnaise, salt and sugar into the mixture, whisking together to combine.
- Mix in flour using Kitchen aid mixer or a spatula, in small portions. Once the flour is all mixed in, add oil to the mixture. It is important to add oil last, as the texture of the dough turns out better.
- Knead the dough until it is elastic, at least for 10 minutes. Let dough rise for about an hour.