These piroshki are A-m-a-z-i-n-g, hard to stop on the first or second one, I should stop counting… lol. These have a very thin crust, they’re crispy on the outside and filled with a soft filling of mashed potatoes.
The dough recipe is very simple and quick. It is great for the leftover mashed potatoes, although I would be willing to prepare mashed potatoes just for the filling, because they are the bomb!!
Share Some Love ❤️
- Combine together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- To the mixture, add buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Work the dough until everything is well combined. The dough will be on a sticky side, but that is OK.
- Cut the dough into 10 equal pieces. Flour the surface that you are working on and roll each one out.
- Place equal amounts of mashed potatoes onto each dough. Seal all edges of each one, just like you see it in the picture.
- Carefully roll out each one onto a flat piece, you may need to continue flouring the surface that you're working on.
- Preheat a skillet, filled with oil, to a medium heat, fry each pastry until it's golden brown. They are best when served immediately.