These Chicken Thighs are ready in minutes. They’re so juicy, full of flavor, and they are very easy to make!
Instant Pot chicken thighsare so simple, yet so versatile. You can enjoy them as the main dish, in salads or for a Mexican Taco night. We serve them with rice, all the juice from the chicken adds incredible flavors to plain rice making it a perfect combo.
I used the fresh boneless chicken thighs, but you can adjust it based on what you have on hand. If you prefer bone-in, add 2-5 minutes extra to the cooking time.
How to Make Fresh Chicken Thighs in an Instant Pot
- Prepare ingredients together. Remove any access fat and skin from the chicken.
- Combine all seasoning together. Rub both sides of the chicken with seasoning.
- Use sauté option on the Instant Pot, add oil and brown the outside of the chicken thighs. Set them side.
- Cut onion into half rings, brown until golden brown.
- Add chicken on top of onions. Seal and cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. Let pressure release for about 10 minutes.
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Thighs in an Instant Pot
- Use the sauté option on the Instant Pot to brown the onion until it’s golden brown.
- Place the frozen chicken thighs on top of the onion, season generously with the seasoning mix.
- Seal and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Let the pressure release.
- Check readiness of the chicken with your thermometer, it should read at least 165F.
Other Chicken Thighs Recipe to Try
- The Perfect 5 Minute Grilled Chicken
- Garlic Ranch Baked Chicken Thighs
- Rice Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for the recipe. Combine seasoning together in a bowl.
- Season the chicken thighs, by rubbing them with prepared seasoning.
- Turn on your instant pot using the sauté option. Brown the outside of the chicken until golden. Remove chicken front the instant pot and set it aside.
- Cut the onion in half rings. Sauté onion until golden brown. Add browned chicken to the onions.
- Set the timer to 10 minutes, let it come to pressure and cook. Once it beeps, allo w it to do a natual release. The chicken is ready to be served.