Baked Chicken Legs will take only 10 minutes of prep time. They’re kid-friendly; in fact, my kids LOVE them, and I am sure yours will love them too.
Everyone needs their go-to Baked Chicken Legs recipe, and this has been our family recipe for many years. I started making chicken this way right after we got married, and my husband Tim couldn’t rave enough about this chicken.
Now my boys absolutely love these chicken legs. Having a short prep time of only 10 minutes makes it the perfect mom recipe. My kids like it served with some mashed potatoes.
How Long to Bake Chicken Legs
Bake Chicken Legs at 400°F for 40-45 minutes. Chicken is ready when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
How to Bake Chicken Legs
Remove chicken legs from packaging and rinse them with cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel. Rub them with seasoning and bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes. Chicken legs are ready when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
About 5 minutes before you take the chicken out of the oven, collect the juice on the bottom of the dish and pour it over the chicken. This adds extra juiciness to the chicken legs.
Air Fryer Chicken
If you love using the air fryer for your cooking, you can also make this chicken in it. Cooking time will be cut by 10 minutes, but to check readiness, make sure that internal temperature is 165°F.
Other Chicken Recipes
- The Perfect 5 Minute Grilled Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs (Fresh Or Frozen)
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken with the prepared spices. Use your hands to rub spices into the chicken legs.
- Place chicken legs in a baking dish and bake at 400°F for about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Chicken legs are best served while they are warm.