This one pot chicken rice bake features chicken thighs stuffed with pesto and cheese, wrapped in prosciutto, and baked with veggies and rice.
So many of you have been asking for one-pot dishes, aren’t they awesome? I was given this recipe by a friend of a friend, at a party. When people find out that I am a blogger, they often talk about their favorite dishes. I mentally take notes and recreate those dishes at home.
This dish indeed is loaded with flavors. With such a huge variety of ingredients, it makes the dish very fancy. But for those of you who don’t carry pesto or prosciutto in your fridge, you can always skip those ingredients, just add a bit more seasoning to the dish.
When serving it, scoop all the way from the bottom, to have chicken sit on top. If you slice the chicken, it will totally look like a quality restaurant dish.
Other One-pot Dishes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Dice the mushrooms and tomatoes into large chunks.
- In a large oven-safe pot with a lid, add in the rice and chicken broth.
- Place the mushrooms and tomatoes on top of the rice. Season them with garlic parsley salt and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Lay the chicken thighs out flat on a cutting board. Spread the pesto sauce over the chicken thigh and sprinkle on a bit of the remaining parmesan cheese. Roll up the chicken thigh into a spiral and wrap it in prosciutto.
- Stack the wrapped chicken thighs on top of the rice seam side down. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Bake the dish at 350°F for about 60 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165°F and the rice is cooked through.