Easy marinated mushrooms will only take 15 minutes of prep time. You can make them the night before and enjoy the next morning. It’s a perfect, light and refreshing appetizer to have on hand.
Marinated mushrooms should be your go to when trying to feed a large crowd. You can serve them in so many different ways, or just serve them on their own, as a marinated mushroom salad. They also make an amazing addition to a charcuterie board.
How to store marinated mushrooms? How long do they last?
Best way to store marinated mushrooms is to keep them refrigerated in a glass jar. These mushrooms can be refrigerated for up to two weeks. Marinated mushrooms do not freeze well.
Other Mushroom Appetizers to try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 lbs mushrooms
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Cook mushrooms in a pot filled with water, 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring it to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Drain the liquid and set aside.
- Prepare all ingredients for marinate. Chop onion and bell pepper into small cubes. Clean and dice garlic into small pieces.
- Into a separate pot, place water, salt, sugar, bay leaves and peppercorns, bring it to a boil. Once sugar and salt has dissolved, add vinegar, bell pepper and onion and set aside.
- Place diced garlic on the bottom of the jars. Fill jars with cooked mushrooms and fresh dill. Cover them with the marinate.
- Leave mushrooms in a refrigerator overnight. Serve cold as an appetizer or a size dish.