Easy marinated mushrooms will only take 15 minutes of prep time. You can make them the night before and enjoy the next morning. It’s a perfect, light and refreshing appetizer to have on hand.
Marinated mushrooms should be your go to when trying to feed a large crowd. You can serve them in so many different ways, or just serve them on their own, as a marinated mushroom salad. They also make an amazing addition to a charcuterie board.
How to store marinated mushrooms? How long do they last?
Best way to store marinated mushrooms is to keep them refrigerated in a glass jar. These mushrooms can be refrigerated for up to two weeks. Marinated mushrooms do not freeze well.
Other Mushroom Appetizers to try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a large pot filled with water, add 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of salt, and the mushrooms. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Drain the mushrooms and set the aside.
- Gather the marinade ingredients. Dice the onion and bell pepper into small cubes. Mince the garlic.
- In a saucepan, prepare the marinade by adding the water, salt, sugar, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Once the sugar and salt has dissolved, add the vinegar, bell pepper, and onion. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place diced garlic at the bottom of sealable canning jars. Fill the jars with cooked mushrooms and fresh dill. Pour the marinade in until the mushrooms are completely submerged.
- Place the sealed jars in the refrigerator overnight to let the mushrooms marinate. Serve cold as an appetizer or side dish.