It’s great to do can bell peppers while they’re still in season. They can be kept in storage, until hosting dinners at home, that way you’re always set in advance.
This recipe makes about 2.5 quarts of canned peppers.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Slice bell peppers into long strips and cut onions into half rings.
- Combine ingredients together, into a large pot. Peppers will not be covered by liquid at first, but they will eventually shrink and cause a perfect amount of marinade.
- Bring it to boil and cook for about 10 minutes, until peppers turn soft. Store in a refrigerator or can it, by follow the instructions below.
- Sterilize jars, preheat oven to 215F. Wash jars and lids, place them in the oven for about 15 minutes or until completely dry. With the help of a canning funnel, place peppers into jars, while they are hot.
- Close all lids very tightly. Flip them upside down and keep it for several hours; this process helps seal the lid. Store in cool place. They can be stored up to a year.