These garlic Parmesan chicken wings are seasoned and baked until crispy, then brushed with a mouthwatering garlic butter sauce. Roll up your sleeves and dig in!
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
Prep these oven-baked wings in 10 minutes, then let the oven do the rest of the work. You’ll be savoring the wings in no time!
- Season the wings: Pat the wings dry and season them with garlic parsley salt and paprika.
- Bake the wings: Place the wings on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Make the sauce: Whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Finish off the wings: Brush the sauce onto the wings and bake them for an additional five minutes until extra crispy.
Hot tip: Bake the wings on a wire rack set over a baking sheet to ensure they crisp up evenly.
Tips for Crispy and Flavorful Wings
Do you want to make restaurant-quality wings from the comfort of your own home? Tune in to these tips to get the same dining satisfaction without the extra expense.
- Dry the wings thoroughly. Not only does a dry exterior allow the seasoning to stick on better, it crisps up faster. Here’s a hack for you — pat the wings dry and leave them in the fridge uncovered overnight. This leads to a shatteringly crisp skin!
- Be generous with the garlic. We use five cloves of fresh garlic to give the wings a kick. If you want even more umami flavor, add garlic powder.
- Use a block of Parmesan. Pre-gratedcheese usually contains starches that inhibit melting. For a smooth wing sauce, grate the Parm yourself straight off the block.
- Flip the wings halfway through baking. About 20 minutes in, flip the wings to make sure they get golden brown on all sides.
- Check doneness with a thermometer. Take the guessing out of the equation with a meat thermometer like this one. Insert the probe into the thickest part of the wing to ensure it reaches 165°F.
Ways To Serve
These garlic Parmesan wings are a delicious game-day appetizer or dinner offering. Serve the wings fresh out of the oven with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, then dig in to the accoutrements. Bring out a platter of assorted veggies, like celery and carrots, for a nutritional crunch. Load up on carbs with air fryer French fries or chips, or cleanse your palate with an herby cabbage slaw. Are you wondering what dip pairs best with these wings? You can’t go wrong with ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or more melted garlic butter.
Storage & Reheating
These wings are sure to be devoured in minutes. Just in case you end up with leftovers, take these steps to preserve the taste and texture of your wings.
- Refrigerator: To store for up to four days, place the cooled wings in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Freezer: To store for up to three months, freeze the leftover baked wings. Allow the wings to cool, then place them spaced apart on a baking sheet and freeze for an hour, or until they’re solid. This will prevent them from sticking together. Once frozen, transfer the wings to a freezer-safe bag. Allow the wings to thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
- Reheating: Bring the wings to room temperature, then reheat them in the oven or air fryer until sizzling and warmed through. Cook the wings at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
- Baked Chicken Wings — Only three ingredients and so tasty
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings — Ultra-crispy and juicy
- Grilled Chicken Wings — Marinated in ranch dressing and flame-grilled
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings — Perfect balance of heat and salt
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel.
- Place the wings on a rimmed baking sheet and season with garlic parsley salt and paprika. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake the wings at 400°F for 40 minutes or until golden, flipping halfway through.