The day that my sister in law brought this salad to our family’s get together, it was all I ate that day. I cared less about the 15 other things that were on the menu. The salad reminded of Mushroom Bell Pepper Salad but with a bit different flavors. The flavor of marinated mushrooms and pickles give it a nice sourness, while carrots with caramelized onions and a bit of sweetness balanced the taste out.
Other Similar Salads to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredient for the salad.
- If you dont have any precooked chicken on hand. Heat skillet to very hot, with oil. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook until it's golden brown and cooked trough. Once chicken is cooked, dice into small cubes.
- Rinse and drain peas and mushrooms under cold water.
- Dice pickles into small cubes.
- Saute sliced carrots and onion on a very hot skillet, until softened. Let sauteed ingredients cool to a room temperature. Mix all ingredients together.
- Add in mayonnaise right before serving.