This Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo is a perfect copycat of the Olive Garden’s Chicken Mushroom Alfredo Pasta. It’s so perfect, I cannot tell the difference.
This pasta recipe uses my 5-Minute Alfredo Sauce. It’s such a simple recipe to make, and turns out cheesy, creamy, and full of spice and flavor. In fact, the Alfredo sauce is so perfect that we serve it as a dipping sauce.
Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
When I’m looking for a meal that everyone in my family will love, this classic chicken Alfredo is always a hit. Everyone always fills their plates and enjoys every creamy bite.
The mushrooms are optional. If someone in your family doesn’t like mushrooms, leave them out. I think they add an earthiness and delicious flavors. Try it and see what you think.
What is Fettuccine?
Fettuccine pasta describes the long, flat noodles. They resemble spaghetti noodles, except they are flat instead of round.
Ingredients for Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
These are the ingredients I used. You can certainly swap out different noodles for the fettuccini. Try it with penne pasta, I bet you will love it!
- Chicken Breast
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Cloves
- Fettuccini Pasta
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Can you prepare the Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the entire dish ahead of time and store it in the freezer or the refrigerator. Here are some tips:
- To Freeze Chicken Alfredo: Prepare the entire meal according to the instructions. Put everything in a casserole dish, then seal it airtight and label it before putting it in a freezer. It should last for about 3 months.
- To Thaw Chicken Alfredo: Put the casserole dish in the oven and bake it for about an hour at 350F.
- Refrigerate Chicken Alfredo: This meal will last for about a week in the refrigerator. When you need to reheat it, be aware that since it has real parmesan cheese, the solid will form a solid in the refrigerator. Don’t worry, just reheat it in a skillet on the stove and it will become the cheesy creamy sauce you love so much.
Can I use the leftover chicken?
Yes, you can use the leftover chicken. In fact, this is a wonderful meal for the rotisserie chicken from the store. If you are going to use the leftover chicken, just make sure it’s still good. Cooked chicken lasts about 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
Other Fettuccine Recipes to try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Cook fettuccine per the box instructions.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin strips and sauté them over high heat until golden brown. Season them with a little salt. Next, slice the chicken into evenly sized strips. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté the chicken until golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the heavy whipping cream, butter or margarine, pressed garlic, and grated parmesan cheese together. Cook the sauce over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Add the cooked fettuccine, mushrooms, and chicken into the sauce. Toss everything together until well-combined and remove from heat.
- Serve warm and topped with freshly grated parmesan. Enjoy!