This recipe is so simple, that it’s almost not even considered a recipe. It’s based on the Ukrainian food tradition, where it’s served with herbs, bacon (salo) and Marinated Cucumbers. I want to also bring awareness to the fresh garden potatoes, they by far, taste better than the aged, store bought.
Young potatoes have a nice, fresh smell to them and they are firm in texture. Be sure not to overcook it. Bacon and herbs bring all of the flavors together, amazingly.
You can find fresh, garden potatoes at a local farmer’s markets; or if you are lucky enough, your mother’s or grandmother’s garden! 🙂
Other Potato Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 2 lb Baby Potatoes
- 12 oz Bacon
- 1 cup Scallions chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh DIll chopped
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- Soak potatoes in cold water for 5 minutes, this will help scrape off the skin much easier. Using a knife, scrape off the potato skin.
- Cut potatoes into equal pieces. Bring a pot with salted water, to boil. Add the potatoes and cook until they are just done. Give it a poke with a fork. Drain water and set aside.
- Dice scallions and dill, set it aside. Cut bacon into 1/2 inch cubes, if you freeze bacon for a few minutes, it will be much easier to cut it.
- Preheat the skillet to a medium/high heat, place bacon on a skillet. Cook until bacon is crispy.
- Serve hot potatoes topped with bacon, followed by scallion and dill.