This recipe for air fryer bacon is a mess-free, quick way to prepare perfectly crispy bacon. A must for everything from breakfast to BLTs!
Air fryer bacon has literally changed my life! Before I discovered this hack, I used to avoid making it all together to avoid the mess, hassle, and splattering oil. You can say I lost a favorite shirt or two to bacon grease…
For anyone out there that loves bacon but hates dealing with the mess, this quick hitter recipe has your name written all over it. It’s foolproof, easy, and will soon find itself in your regular rotation.
If you don’t have an air fryer and are looking for a recommendation, I LOVE my COSORI Air Fryer Max XL. It’s got so many neat presets and a huge tray that feeds up to four. While you’re waiting for it to come in the mail, get your bacon fix satiated with my recipe for oven-baked bacon.
How to Make Bacon in an Air Fryer
Making bacon in the air fryer only requires one ingredient (bacon!) and a few simple steps. Below, find a brief overview of the recipe:
- Place Bacon in Air Fryer Basket: Place strips of bacon in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air Fry the Bacon: Set the air fryer to 390°F and cook the bacon for 4 minutes. Flip the bacon over and air fry for 4 additional minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy along with breakfast or in any of your favorite recipes that call for crispy bacon!
Batching Tip: If you’re making several batches at the same time, you may need to drain some of the fat that collects in the bottom basket to prevent the air fryer from smoking.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Bacon
Below, find a couple of tips and tricks to help you make the best air fried bacon.
- Use thick-cut, uncured bacon. This kind of bacon packs the most flavor and texture. It’s perfect for air frying!
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Resist overcrowding the air fryer basket and place the bacon strips in a single layer. This will ensure each piece gets super crispy!
- Flip the bacon halfway through. Flipping the bacon halfway through helps both sides get enough love from the hot, circulating air of the air fryer.
- Season your bacon. Feel free to spice up your bacon by adding a little cracked pepper, brown sugar, or maple syrup.
Serving Air Fryer Bacon
Serve air fryer bacon alongside breakfast, stuffed into a BLT, or in any of your favorite recipes that call for crispy bacon. Try dicing it up for easy potato skins, 15-minute broccoli and cauliflower salad, smokey bacon mac and cheese, and alfredo broccoli and bacon sauce.
Storing Air Fryer Bacon
- Refrigerator: Store leftover air fryer bacon in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to 5 days. Reheat the bacon by popping it back in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes.
- Freezer: Not recommended. You can freeze air fryer bacon, but it’s so quick to make in the air fryer that you might as well cook bacon raw from scratch. If you freeze and reheat it, it will likely overcook and turn out dry.
Is it safe to cook bacon in an air fryer?
It is absolutely safe to cook bacon in an air fryer. The air fryer is pretty much just a more condensed, high-powered convection oven. You can cook almost anything in it!
How long do I cook bacon in an air fryer?
It takes about 8 minutes to cook bacon in the air fryer at 390°F.
Is air fryer bacon healthier than pan-fried?
Air fryer bacon is slightly healthier than pan-fried in that the bacon isn’t soaking in its own grease. This lowers the calories and fat content, but at the end of the day, bacon is bacon. It’s a high-fat and high-cholesterol meat that should be eaten sparingly.
What kind of bacon should I use in the air fryer?
Thick-cut, uncured works great in the air fryer, but you can use any kind you want. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time depending on the thickness. Note: This recipe accounts for thick-cut.
Can I cook frozen bacon in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen bacon in the air fryer. It will take anywhere from 2-3 extra minutes on each side.
Can you put foil in an air fryer?
You can put foil in an air fryer, but it’s not usually a good idea. The way this appliance achieves the signature crispiness is by circulating extremely hot air around the food. If you obstruct the air with foil, you will lose the crispiness and prevent the air fryer from doing its job.
Other Tasty Bacon Recipes
- Easy Potato Skins – Stuffed and cheese potato skins
- 15-Minute Broccoli Cauliflower Salad – Crunchy and creamy
- Smoky Bacon Macaroni and Cheese – Gluttonous mac and cheese
- Alfredo Broccoli & Bacon – Decadent and creamy sauce
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb Bacon