This shrimp lettuce salad is so crisp, refreshing, and filling. Tossed in creamy ranch dressing, it’s always a crowd pleaser!
This shrimp lettuce salad is a rainbow of protein and veggies. Packed with juicy shrimp, bell peppers, and corn, you’ll get your daily dose of veggies without feeling deprived. A salad you actually crave?! You read that right.
How to Assemble Shrimp Salad with Lettuce
Putting this shrimp salad together is so quick, it can be made on a busy weeknight. Below, find an overview of the recipe.
- Clean the Shrimp: If your shrimp isn’t already peeled, take the shells and tails off.
- Dice the Veggies: Dice the bell peppers and slice the lettuce into small chunks.
- Sauté the Veggies: In a skillet over high heat, sauté the corn and bell pepper. Set the veggies aside.
- Sauté the Shrimp: In the pan with oil, sauté the shrimp with the pressed garlic.
- Assemble the Salad: Finally, place all the veggies and protein in a large bowl. Toss with ranch dressing and enjoy!
Pro Tips for the Best Shrimp Salad with Lettuce
A couple of tips will help you make a restaurant-quality shrimp salad.
- Use a salad spinner to wick off moisture from the lettuce. There’s nothing worse than a soggy salad! A salad spinner will help remove all the excess moisture from the washed lettuce, while also preventing the dressing from becoming watered down. If you don’t have one, simply wash the lettuce and lay it out in a single layer on a paper towel until it’s dry.
- Toss the dressing in right before you plan on serving it. This salad will turn soggy fast, so only add the dressing in right before you plan to serve it.
Add in Some Avocado! Looking to make the salad a bit more filling and full of fiber? Make it a shrimp avocado salad.
Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe
Wanna take this salad to the next level? Check out this recipe for light ranch dressing and skip the store-bought stuff. The creaminess from the mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk and the freshness of the herbs will elevate this salad tenfold. All you have to do? Whisk all the ingredients together and toss the dressing right in.
Different Ways to Tweak this Salad
Play around with your favorite ingredients to make this salad your own. Below, find a couple of ideas to inspire you.
- Add in different veggies. Tomatoes, celery, avocado, red onion, and green onion are all great add-ins.
- Add in bacon bits. Fry up some bacon bits for extra flair and crunch.
- Use your favorite greens. Swap in leafy salad greens or bibb lettuce for the romaine lettuce.
- Toss in some fresh herbs. Toss in some fresh dill, parsley, or cilantro.
- Spritz in some citrus. Add in fresh lemon juice or lime juice right before serving for a bright pop of tang.
- Spice up the dressing. If you like it spicy, add a tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce or a little Old Bay Seasoning to the dressing.
Make Ahead Tips
This salad is perfect for batch cooking and having on hand throughout the week. Store the protein, produce, and dressing all in their own separate containers and assemble salads as you go. When stored properly, the ingredients should keep for 3-4 days.
Is shrimp salad a good source of protein?
Yes, fresh shrimp is a great source of protein. Every 100g (3.5oz) of shrimp is packed with roughly 24g of protein. This salad will keep you full for hours!
Is frozen shrimp already cooked?
It depends. Some frozen shrimp comes precooked and other varities are raw. Make sure to read the package instructions.
How do you make salad less bitter?
Adding fat, like oil-based dressings, avocado, or protein, helps to cut the bitterness of lettuce.
How do you fix a bland salad?
If you’re salad tastes a bit bland, sprinkle on some salt to taste or spritz on fresh lemon or lime juice.
Should you use frozen or canned corn?
You can use either frozen or canned corn. If you’re using frozen corn, make sure to take it out of the freezer and thaw it completely. Then, drain as much water from it as possible to prevent it from watering down the dressing.
Other Fresh Meals to Try
- Fresh Avocado Salad – Avocado and veggie salad
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps (Copycat Recipe) – Ground chicken nestled in lettuce leaves
- Taco Salad – Ground beef and all the classic taco toppings
- Focaccia Sandwich – Turkey, cheese, and mayo sandwich
- Berry Spinach Salad – Sweet and salty berry salad
- If your shrimp isn't already peeled, go ahead and take the shells off. Dice the bell peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Slice it into 2-inch chunks.
- Preheat a skillet over high-heat with oil. Toss in the corn and sauté it until it's slightly browned. In the same skillet, sauté the bell peppers until lightly browned. Set the veggies aside.
- Pop the shrimp into the skillet with oil. Once the shrimp starts turning pink, press garlic into the skillet and remove from heat.
- Assemble the salad by placing the lettuce, bell peppers, corn, and shrimp in a large bowl. Toss in the ranch dressing right before you plan to serve. Enjoy!