I got hooked on this “salad” idea when I first tried something similar at Rio Cafe. They make their own tortillas and all the toppings there are pretty bomb. We just can’t really make it there that often, because it’s far from us; so for a quick dinner, I like to make these type of salads.
You can always change up the ingredients in this salad bowl, that’s what I love about it. As a matter of a fact, in the ingredients section of this recipe, I’m only giving you ideas and flavors I like. You’re the boss, though, explore your choices 🙂
As far as the meat goes for the recipe, I use carne asada. If you haven’t tried this magical grilled beef, you MUST!!
Other Salads You Must Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb Grilled Meat chicken or beef
- 1 cn Beans
- 2 cup Mexican Cheese
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 bn Lettuce
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1/8 bn Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Prepare the ingredients for the recipe.
- Grill meat on high heat until crispy and cooked on the inside.
- Chop all veggies and prepare everything to make the salad bowls. Before you do the next step, have everything ready to go.
- Place tortillas on a preheated grill, not very hot. top them off with a bit of cheese and let it warm up until the cheese is almost completely melted.
- Place tortillas into a bowl, top it with pinto bean (you can preheat them ahead of time) and grilled meat.
- Follow with all fresh vegetables.
- Top it off with a bit of cheese and some cuts of limes and cilantro.