With having very ripe bananas on hand, typically I go to the two of my favorite banana bread recipes, Whole Grain and a Simple Banana Bread. Frankly, as much as I loved those recipes, after 100+ times of making them, I kinda’ wanted to change things up. This is when this healthy recipes of banana muffins was born.
Those muffins came out fluffy, with a bit of a crunch on top and sweet/sour feel from cranberries. Hubby and I were talking about how much we love the jelly texture of the dry cranberries in this recipe. Another great thing, is that they are guilt-free, loaded with all those whole grains. We loved having them for breakfast, with a cup of latte.
Other Healthy Treats
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients, mash bananas. Whisk eggs together with buttermilk and vanilla extract. Whisk mashed bananas into the mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and baking soda) all together. In small parts ,mix the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture.
- Stir dry cranberries into the muffin batter. Line muffin pan with paper liners, fill each one about 3/4 to the top. I had about 18 muffins.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats with brown sugar. Sprinkle muffin tops with the mixture. Bake muffins at 350F for about 20-30 minutes. Insert a skewer into the center of a muffin, to test for readiness; when it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
- Let muffins cool to a room temperature.