I made this dish using Johnsonville® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #SausageFamily
What can be better than having friends over for an outdoor dinner? I love the company and serving people delicious dinner is always a must.
The other day we unexpectedly invited our friends over. I knew I had no time to prepare dinner and had no desire to cook in my already hot kitchen. We ended up grilling beer brats outside, both kids and adults loved them. I loved the idea of pre-grilling brats to have that nice color and letting them bake while soaking in onion flavors. This meant that the food was getting ready, while giving me enough time to put myself together.
I think chili makes them a bit fancy, but it’s completely optional.
Btw, did you know that August 16th is a National Bratwurst Day? I think I know what I will be doing. 😉 It will be the perfect to have a Bratsgiving celebration.
Other Brats Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 10 Beer Bratwurst
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 cup Chilli (any of your favorite brand or homemade)
- 10 Hot Dog Buns
- Ketchup for serving
- Oil for cooking onions
- Prepare the ingredients for the party.
- Slice Onions into half rings. Brown them on an oiled skillet until the onions are golden brown.
- Using a grill, brown brats on all sides.
- Place browned onions on the bottom of a baking dish, leaving brats on top of the onions.
- Cover baking dish with a lid or foil and let them bake at 350F until fully cooked.