What can be better than having friends over for an outdoor dinner? I love the company and serving people delicious dinner is always a must.
The other day we unexpectedly invited our friends over. I knew I had no time to prepare dinner and had no desire to cook in my already hot kitchen. We ended up grilling beer brats outside, both kids and adults loved them. I loved the idea of pre-grilling brats to have that nice color and letting them bake while soaking in onion flavors. This meant that the food was getting ready, while giving me enough time to put myself together.
Other Brats Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- 10 beer bratwurst
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought chili
- 10 hot dog buns
- ketchup for serving
- olive oil for sautéing the onions
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Slice the onions into half wrings. In an oiled skillet over medium heat, cook the onions until golden brown.
- Brown the brats on all sides using a BBQ grill.
- Spread the onions on the bottom of a baking dish. Top the onions with the grilled brats.
- Cover baking dish with a lid or foil and bake the brats at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Place a brat in a hot dog bun and top it with some chili and a drizzle of ketchup. Repeat until all your brats are topped. Enjoy!