Covered with snow-white flakes, this Napoleon Log Cake is a perfect fit for this cool season. If you aren’t a baker, this will be your go-to recipe. The cake takes a few minutes to put together and it turns out absolutely delicious.
I love the Dulce De Leche in this cream, it adds great caramel flavor between crispy pieces of puff pastry.
Dulce De Leche Cakes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Thaw puff pastry dough. Cut it based on your preference of length and thickness.
- Lay out the strings on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine together dulce de leche with softened butter. Whisk until you get a creamy texture. I used my new OXO mixer, it's pretty handy to have a portable mixer.
- Line plate or cutting board with plastic wrap. Apply a bit of cream to it and start stacking baked puff pastry dough. Apply generous amounts of cream between each piece. Wrap the entire cake with a plastic wrap and let is sit overnight.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave, be sure to stir it every 30 second. Remove the wrap from the cake, cut off the cake sides and drizzle it with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top. Let it refrigerate until the chocolate firms up.
- Keep it refrigerated until you're ready to serve.