Covered with snow-white flakes, this Napoleon Log Cake is a perfect fit for this cool season. If you aren’t a baker, this will be your go-to recipe. The cake takes a few minutes to put together and it turns out absolutely delicious.
I love the Dulce De Leche in this cream, it adds great caramel flavor between crispy pieces of puff pastry.
Dulce De Leche Cakes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Thaw the puff pastry dough. Cut it into long, skinny strips.
- Lay out the dough strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine the dulce de leche with softened butter until you get a smooth, creamy texture.
- Line a rectangular plate or cutting board with plastic wrap. Spread a bit of cream on it and start stacking the baked puff pastry dough strips, applying a generous amount of dulce de leche cream between each layer. Next, wrap the entire cake in plastic wrap and let it sit overnight.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring it every 30 seconds. Remove the wrap from the cake, cut off the jagged cake ends, and drizzle the cake with melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with coconut flakes. Let it refrigerate until the chocolate firms up. Keep the cake refrigerated until you plan to serve it.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!